Dee is qualified Dru Yoga Teacher, she is taking small classes on Wednesdays at 9.30am and 6pm and Thursdays at 10am
Please note the Wednesday evening Dru class will be starting at 6pm from 1st March 2017
Dee has now qualified as an Ashtanga yoga teacher.
The Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series is a traditional, lineage-based Yoga practice that builds sequentially in terms of flexibility and strength as you progress through the series. You will experience inner transformation every time you practice.
Ashtanga Yoga is one of the most powerful, popular and proven methods of Yoga. It involves synchronising the breath with a progressive series of postures that produce intense internal heat and a purifying sweat that in turn detoxifies muscles and organs. The result is improved circulation, a light and strong body, and a calm mind. While some poses may seem difficult at first, they are suitable for all levels. Modifications are provided for beginners. It is not the lithe muscles, the thin waist nor the youthful countenance that is yoga’s real power. What’s really special about Ashtanga yoga is your ability to use this ancient technique to connect to the deepest and most powerful part of yourself and find your inner peace
.Starting Thursday 1st September 2016
Yoga with Mandy
The classes will be a mix of breathing, building on the solid foundations of the Ashtanga practice and a flow sequence, ending in savasana relaxation.
A great class for improvers, beginners are welcome. Mats provided if you don’t have one.
Every Thursday 5:45 – 6:45
5 Class Pass £30
To book, contact Mandy on 07956795532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All classes are held at Breath-Works 7a Alva Street, Edinburgh
Yoga for Back Care Workshop 4th March 2017 10 am till 12 pm
Back pain is a very common problem, most people don’t even seek help from their doctor, some that do don’t have a specific diagnosis. They may be told that they have ‘non-specific back pain’ or a ‘muscular’ or ‘mechanical’ problem or a ‘sprain’ The current medical opinion based on extensive research is that the back needs to move, and the sooner the person with back pain gets moving and back to their normal activities the sooner they will feel better. This means that yoga performed gently and with awareness is ideal. Recent research provides evidence that yoga is a very effective approach for managing back pain.
In this workshop we will learn
- Yoga asanas to stretch and strengthen
- Increase body awareness, especially for good posture
- Re-educating habit patterns, both physical and mental. We all tend to brace or hold our bodies physically when we experience pain or injury or trauma.
- Breathing practises
- Dru Yoga is the perfect partner for modern life
- Use classical yoga postures, sequences, breathing, relaxation and meditation techniques to keep mind, body and soul healthy and in balance.
- Whatever your age and ability Dru has something to help you De-Stress, Energise & Relax
- Go with the flow, go with Dru Yoga
Dru Yoga is a graceful and potent form of yoga, based on flowing movements, directed breathing and visualisation. With its foundations set firmly in ancient yogic tradition, Dru works on body, mind and spirit—improving strength and flexibility, creating core stability, building a heightened feeling of positivity, and deeply relaxing and rejuvenating your whole being.
Designed to be practised by people of all abilities, all fitness levels and all age groups, Dru is a style of yoga that can be quickly dipped into or learnt in more depth over a lifetime.
In 2005, 450 graduates and participants in Dru Yoga Courses all over the world were asked about the effects of their practice.
- 72 % found Dru Yoga reduced back pain
- 93 % experienced improved spine flexibility
- 86% enjoyed increased energy levels
- 89% experienced improved breathing with yoga
- 89% can now reduce and control stress levels
- 81% have greater confidence and self-empowerment
- 84% benefited from enhanced mood since practising Dru Yoga
- 83% felt emotionally balanced
- 91% gained peace of mind by overcoming negative thinking
Whatever your yoga ambitions, you’ll find Dru Yoga a fresh, energetic, positive and complete approach to health and wellbeing.
For more details please Contact Dee