Hi! My name is Audrey Hird and although I’m originally from Dundee, I have lived in Edinburgh since 1997.
I love Dundee and I go back regularly to visit family and friends, but it was work that brought me to the Capital. Having worked my way up the ladder in an office environment to management level, I am familiar with the deadlines and financial targets that become a constant objective. I have seen and experienced the negative effect that constant stress can bring.
In 2011, I was diagnosed with breast cancer and the journey that would follow was very difficult but very rewarding also. Through the magic of alternative therapies, amazing family and friends, the light finally went on and I learned so much about myself and how I wanted to live. I now had the choice and I would make the right one.
I believe that physical symptoms can manifest through emotional stress and anxiety and with the help of alternative treatments like those below you can learn to change the mind-set and therefore relieve the pain. I have experienced stress, pain and illness and want to use my training and experience to help you to manage yours. We all have the ability to live a happy and contented lifestyle, we just sometimes need reminded of how to do that. My role is to remind you and support you through a process which allows you to take back the reigns and choose for yourself.
I offer the treatments below which I believe have helped me through difficult times and I know can help others. Gentle but powerful, relaxing or energizing anyone can benefit from them.
I trained in Usui in 2006 and Karuna Reiki in 2009 and am a qualified practitioner and teacher.
Reiki is a very gentle form of energy healing. It can help to balance mind, body and spirit which amongst other things, helps with stress and anxiety. It promotes natural self-healing and can lead to a strengthened immune system.
- Clients are fully clothed and lie on a therapy bed or sit in a chair whichever is
- A full treatment normally lasts 1 hour but taster sessions are available on request.
I learned transcendental meditation in the 80s and have practised meditation in various forms over the years.
- Sometimes when we are stressed and anxious we can’t see clearly or find it difficult to make a decision. Practising meditation regularly, can help reduce anxiety levels and allow you to see the bigger picture with clarity and understanding.
- I have taught beginners groups, advanced classes and 1-2-1s
- I teach mindfulness and meditation through Edinburgh Council Adult Education at various High Schools in the city.
- I offer individual or group sessions for you at Breathworks
- I am available for corporate group sessions and can come to your workplace or your home should you have a group of friends who want to try it out.
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE (IHM)
I completed training in Indian Head Massage in 2015 and am now a qualified practitioner.
- IHM is such a relaxing treatment which concentrates on the Head, Neck, Shoulders, Back, Face and Hands. It can help with tension headaches and improve circulation to the skin and hair.
- A treatment is done fully clothed and sitting in a chair.
- No oil is used in the hair, only on the hands.
- Each session can be tailored for you, depending on the time you have available or the areas that appeal to you most.
- Each session last 1 hour.
Flexible appointments at Breath-works are available to suit you and to fit round a busy schedule. I offer daytime, lunchtime or evening appointments and you can book an hour, or even just 30-45 minutes if time is short.
Group sessions, home visits and workplace sessions also available on request.
To book please: