Dee will be teaching Reiki level 1 on the following dates
- 5th March 2017
- 30th April 2017
- 20th August 2017
- 29th October 2017
The Level 1 course runs from 10am till 5pm and costs £140,
a £75 deposit will secure your place, Final payment is due 3 weeks before the course starts.
Limited places are available maximum 8 people.The small classes give people one to one support in a small supported environment.
For more info click here
And Reiki Level 2 on
- 5th February 2017
- 9th April 2017
- 11th June 2017
- 24th September 2017
- 26th November 2017
Level 2 takes you to a deeper understanding of Reiki energy and after completing this level and case studies you can work towards getting a professional certificate as a Reiki practitioner.
Reiki Master dates
19th February 2017
3rd September 2017
For more info click here
Indian Head Massage Training – level 1 (beginners)
Stage 1 is the perfect way to learn Indian Head Massage – a soothing complementary therapy massage course which is a fun and informative experience for beginners.
This Indian Head Massage training course is taught over 2 days in Edinburgh. This massage course is an enjoyable 2-days where you will learn and practise the full basic routine of Indian Head Massage. The beginners level allows you to practise safely on family or friends. Or you can proceed to stage 2 to train for a formal qualification in Indian Head Massage accredited by IPTI.
No previous massage training is required to attend this course.
What you will learn – Indian Head Massage
- The history, background and the benefits of IHM
- Chakra energy centres and a basic introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Massage techniques – the power of touch (demonstration and practise)
- The full, basic massage routine (demonstration and practise in stages)
- An introduction to aromatherapy oils, crystals and colour for treatments
- Precautions – general and contraindications for treatments
- Self care for relaxation and balancing stress
- Introduction to relaxation and meditation techniques
This course runs for 2 days which gives you ample time to learn and practise the Indian Head Massage routine. Also icluded in the course is meditation which is a great tool to support your own self healing and help you feel less anxious about learning. At the course, students realise that there is the added benefit of receiving treatments throughout the weekend course – leaving them very relaxed and chilled by the end of day 2!
Costs – The course costs £175 (deposit of £75 to confirm place) and includes your full training, course manual and follow up support by telephone or email.
For more info click here
On completion of stage 1, you can opt to take further training to secure your Indian Head Massage qualifications and gain your diploma certificate which allows you to practise as an IHM therapist – this is level 2 of our training programme.
Edinburgh (Saturdays & Sundays) – limited places to book click here
- 28th and 29th January 2017
- 11th and 12th March 2017
- 20th and 21st May 2017
- 12th and 13th August 2017
- 21st and 22nd October 2017
If you wish to practise professionally as a therapist using Indian Head Massage, you would attend the beginners course and then attend Stage 2. The 2nd stage of Indian Head Massage focuses on how you would practise as a therapist, including some additional, technical massage moves that enhance the basic Indian Head Massage routine. Stage 2 also includes an exam and case studies so that we assess to ensure you are safe and ready to practise as a therapist.
Indian Head Massage Diploma
Stage 2 is the Diploma course in Indian Head Massage. This is for you if you wish to learn this complementary therapy massage course to practise as a professional therapist.
This level will teach you how to work professionally as an Indian Head Massage therapist – either adding this to your current therapies or to establish yourself as a professional therapist with this life-long skill.
Indian Head Massage is also known as ‘Champissage’ (the Indian word for massage is ‘champi’).
This Ayurvedic approach to health treats the person holistically; mind, body and emotions. Ayurvedic Indian Head Massage is used regularly as part of this approach to health. Yoga, a balanced diet and meditation are also encouraged for optimum health and well being which is why we teach some meditation on the course too.
The benefits that follow help you see why Indian Head Massage is a popular therapy in the UK. Some of these may include:
- helping you feel calmer and happier
- helping reduce your physical muscular tension
- helping to lower high blood pressure
- helping reduce tension headaches and stress
- helping to increase your energy levels
- helping to improve your sleep
- helping to open constricted air passages – good for asthma
- helping to reduce hypertension
- helping your ability to focus and concentrate
What you will learn
- Review of the IHM routine, knowledge and experience to date (from level 1)
- Training – additional, professional, technical moves to provide deeper relief to muscular tension
- Practise of routine incorporating new techniques
- Therapist consultation – review and practise
- Guidelines – how to improve/set up your own therapy business
- Facial Reflexology – some new moves to incorporate into the routine which will help improve facial muscle and skin tone. Facial reflexology is a great extra to add to this wonderful treatment and can be practised on its own too
The course costs £185 (deposit of £85 to confirm place) and includes your full training, course manual and exam.
Course dates for 2017 To book click here
- Saturday 4th February 2017
- Saturday 8th April 2017
- Saturday 10th June 2017
- Saturday 23rd September 2017
- Saturday 25th November 2017
…from The Moment is Now
The Moment is Now run regular mindfulness courses at Breath-Works, including courses suitable for beginners and for people already familiar with mindfulness:
- Eight-week mindfulness courses: eight weekly sessions of two hours to help you develop a toolkit of mindfulness skills for improving your focus, resilience and sense of well-being and managing stress and anxiety. As part of the course, you’ll get free online access to each week’s guided meditations and reflections—so, if you can’t make it to the group one week, you never miss out!
- Deepening your mindfulness practice: six weekly sessions of 1 hour 30 minutes to help you deepen your practice and keep it alive. Ideal for anyone who has completed an eight-week mindfulness course. The course explores obstacles to practice and how you can overcome them and includes guided meditations and new practices to add to your mindfulness toolkit.
For more information, including course dates and times, go to:
Mindfulness courses at Breath-Works are led by The Moment is Now’s Mindfulness Association accredited teachers. You can find out more about them here: