Indian Head Massage Training – level 1 (beginners)
Stage 1 is the perfect way to learn Indian Head Massage – a soothing complementary therapy massage course which is a fun and informative experience for beginners.
This Indian Head Massage training course is taught over 2 days in Edinburgh. This massage course is an enjoyable 2-days where you will learn and practise the full basic routine of Indian Head Massage. The beginners level allows you to practise safely on family or friends. Or you can proceed to stage 2 to train for a formal qualification in Indian Head Massage accredited by IPTI.
No previous massage training is required to attend this course.
What you will learn
- The history, background and the benefits of IHM
- Chakra energy centres and a basic introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Massage techniques – the power of touch (demonstration and practise)
- The full, basic massage routine (demonstration and practise in stages)
- An introduction to aromatherapy oils, crystals and colour for treatments
- Precautions – general and contraindications for treatments
- Self care for relaxation and balancing stress
- Introduction to relaxation and meditation techniques
This course runs for 2 days which gives you ample time to learn and practise the Indian Head Massage routine. Also included in the course is meditation which is a great tool to support your own self healing and help you feel less anxious about learning. At the course, students realise that there is the added benefit of receiving treatments throughout the weekend course – leaving them very relaxed and chilled by the end of day 2!
Costs – The course costs £175 (deposit of £75 to confirm place) and includes your full training, course manual and follow up support by telephone or email.
Course discounts are available –
On completion of stage 1, you can opt to take further training to secure your Indian Head Massage qualifications and gain your diploma certificate which allows you to practise as an IHM therapist – this is level 2 of our training programme.
Edinburgh (Saturdays & Sundays) – limited places
- 3rd and 4th February 2018
- 28th and 29th April 2018
- 23rd and 24th June 2018
- 29th and 30th September 2018
Classes are held at Breath-works 7a Alva Street EH2 4PH
Terms and Conditions for booking courses
- Your place is only confirmed on receipt of the full payment due in advance of the course. If paying by bank transfer, your place is not confirmed till the payment is received. We do not hold bookings for bank transfer payments. Please contact us for bank details to send a payment.
- No refunds are offered but with a min of 28 days notice, places may be transferred once to another date (subject to availability).
- A request will be sent to you for the final payment 3-4 weeks before the course. If this is not paid within 7 days of the email date, you will lose your place and your deposit.
- While we take every precaution possible Dee Taylor Therapies will not be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal belongings or safety while on the premises where the courses take place.
- Please inform us by email if you are taking any medication or suffering from any illness/ill health in advance of attending.
- Please do not decrease/stop any medication you are receiving from your medical care provider unless they advise you to do so.
- Discounts – only one discount applies at any one time unless advised
- If you give notice that you can’t attend a course with less than 28 days notice of the course date, it may be possible to transfer to another date with an admin charge of £35 payable. This is at the discretion of Dee Taylor Therapies and will be assessed on a case by case basis.