If you wish to practise professionally as a therapist using Indian Head Massage, you would attend the beginners course and then attend Stage 2. The 2nd stage of Indian Head Massage focuses on how you would practise as a therapist, including some additional, technical massage moves that enhance the basic Indian Head Massage routine. Stage 2 also includes an exam and case studies so that we assess to ensure you are safe and ready to practise as a therapist.
Indian Head Massage Diploma
Stage 2 is the Diploma course in Indian Head Massage. This is for you if you wish to learn this complementary therapy massage course to practise as a professional therapist.
This level will teach you how to work professionally as an Indian Head Massage therapist – either adding this to your current therapies or to establish yourself as a professional therapist with this life-long skill.
Indian Head Massage is also known as ‘Champissage’ (the Indian word for massage is ‘champi’).
This Ayurvedic approach to health treats the person holistically; mind, body and emotions. Ayurvedic Indian Head Massage is used regularly as part of this approach to health. Yoga, a balanced diet and meditation are also encouraged for optimum health and well being which is why we teach some meditation on the course too.
The benefits that follow help you see why Indian Head Massage is a popular therapy in the UK. Some of these may include:
- helping you feel calmer and happier
- helping reduce your physical muscular tension
- helping to lower high blood pressure
- helping reduce tension headaches and stress
- helping to increase your energy levels
- helping to improve your sleep
- helping to open constricted air passages – good for asthma
- helping to reduce hypertension
- helping your ability to focus and concentrate
What you will learn
- Review of the IHM routine, knowledge and experience to date (from level 1)
- Training – additional, professional, technical moves to provide deeper relief to muscular tension
- Practise of routine incorporating new techniques
- Therapist consultation – review and practise
- Guidelines – how to improve/set up your own therapy business
- Facial Reflexology – some new moves to incorporate into the routine which will help improve facial muscle and skin tone. Facial reflexology is a great extra to add to this wonderful treatment and can be practised on its own too
The course costs £185 (deposit of £85 to confirm place) and includes your full training, course manual and exam.
- 5th August 2018
- 3rd November 2018
Following the training (and to complete Level 2) you will complete some assessments including case studies and a practical massage exam. Level 2 is also taught by Dee Taylor at Breath-works 7a Alva street Edinburgh EH2 4PH
Terms and conditions for booking courses
- Your place is only confirmed on receipt of the full payment due in advance of the course. If paying by bank transfer, your place is not confirmed till the payment is received. We do not hold bookings for bank transfer payments. Please contact us for bank details to send a payment.
- No refunds are offered but with a min of 28 days notice, places may be transferred once to another date (subject to availability).
- A request will be sent to you for the final payment 3-4 weeks before the course. If this is not paid within 7 days of the email date, you will lose your place and your deposit.
- While we take every precaution possible Dee Taylor Therapies will not be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal belongings or safety while on the premises where the courses take place.
- Please inform us by email if you are taking any medication or suffering from any illness/ill health in advance of attending.
- Please do not decrease/stop any medication you are receiving from your medical care provider unless they advise you to do so.
- Discounts – only one discount applies at any one time unless advised
- If you give notice that you can’t attend a course with less than 28 days notice of the course date, it may be possible to transfer to another date with an admin charge of £35 payable. This is at the discretion of Dee Taylor Therapies and will be assessed on a case by case basis.