Clinical Aromatherapy Massage is a balancing and healing massage using essential oils derived from plants.
Many of the oils contain physical properties such as anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, immuno-stimulant and sedative. When combined with the holistic therapy of massage, the effects touch the mind, body and the emotions.
Aromatherapy Massage Benefits
Everyone can benefit from a treatment. Aromatherapy is particularly good for treating stress-related disorders but can also assist in relieving the symptoms of many chronic conditions. Some people use aromatherapy massage as a preventative measure to maintain good health and well-being.
Aromatherapy Massage benefits both the body and mind and creates a great sense of well being.
- Increases circulation and oxygen supply throughout the body.
- Rids the body of toxins.
- Boosts the immune system
- Detoxifies the body and clears the skin.
- Alleviates aching and tense muscles.
- Is an excellent way to de-stress and encourages a more positive approach to life.
- Aromatherapy Massage increases energy levels.
- Reduces fatigue.
- Reduces susceptibility to illness.
- Encourages relaxed and confident thought.
- Tones and moisturises your skin.
- Promotes restful sleep.
Aromatherapy Pregnancy Massage
Aromatherapy can help minimise the various discomforts of pregnancy, such as backache, swollen legs and ankles, and help prevent stretch marks. Massage with essential oils will give a tremendous amount of relief from lower back pain and help to tone the muscles which are carrying the increased load. Swelling of the ankles or legs is often a problem in the latter months of pregnancy; regular aromatherapy massage will help to reduce the swelling.
Benefits of massage in pregnancy
- Relief of mental and physical fatigue
- Improved mobility- massage is a form of passive exercise
- Promotion of good posture
- Reduction of inflammation and pain
- Improved circulation and lymph flow
- Improved digestion
- Stress relief
- Encourages deep relaxed breathing and benefits the respiratory system
- Improvement of the skin and related skin conditions